Within a few minutes of arriving home last week, my brother exclaimed “We’ll have to make epic banana butterscotchy stuff!”. I wasn’t quite sure what he meant at first -though it sounded amazingly tasty to the dessert addicted me- but after a bit of probing I discovered that ‘epic banana butterscotchy stuff’ was his tasty milkshake creation.
The recipe is super simple and adaptable. If you’re not a fan of butterscotch, then it would be really easy to adapt this for a Banana & Chocolate, or Banana & Strawberry Milkshake. Or, if Banana’s aren’t your thing, then Strawberry & Chocolate, and so forth…
Butterscotch & Banana Milkshake
- 600ml skimmed milk
- 1 large banana, chopped roughly
- 1 packet butterscotch dessert whip mix (Angel Delight, or the supermarket equivalent)
- Add the banana to blender with half of the milk and blitz until no large lumps of banana remain.
- Add remaining milk and dessert powder, and blitz until smooth and well mixed.
- Divide between three glasses, and serve with straws. Enjoy!
For a bigger treat, you could switch 200ml of the milk for natural or vanilla yogurt, or vanilla ice-cream. You could also add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the mix and whizz before serving if you fancy. Or a sprinkle of cinnamon, perhaps?